CAPIT Reading Pilot — Teacher Registration
Welcome to the CAPIT Reading Pilot. We are excited to have you on board. This pilot is a joint project undertaken by the CAPIT Team and the teachers in your school. The goal of this pilot is to demonstrate the effectiveness of the CAPIT Reading program and its impact on young students. We have outlined a number details that will ensure a successful pilot. If you would like to pilot CAPIT Reading in your classroom and can commit to implementing CAPIT Reading with fidelity, please fill out the following form.
IS CAPIT A FIT?
Is CAPIT Reading a fit for your students?
Please see our At-a-Glance CAPIT Inventory:
- CAPIT Reading is to be used 4-5 days a week
- Teachers will spend 5 to 10 minutes modeling lessons with the entire class
- Students will spend a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes a day completing CAPIT lessons on their own device
- While students are working on their own device, teachers will be available to support the students and answer questions
- Over-the-ear headphones for each student (no earbuds)
- Cord or Apple TV to connect to Smart Board
ONBOARDING, PD & DATA COLLECTION
- Complete the CAPIT Virtual Onboarding
- Join a 30-Minute Live Virtual PD
- Set up Teacher Account & Student Devices
- Run the CAPIT pilot for 8 weeks with fidelity
- Complete an End of Pilot Exit Survey
- All communication between teachers and Capit Learning staff will take place on Basecamp