CAPIT Reading Pilot — Teacher Registration
RTI & SPED
Welcome to the CAPIT Reading Pilot. We are excited to have you on board. The goal of this pilot is to demonstrate the effectiveness of the CAPIT Reading program and its impact on young students. We have outlined a number details that will ensure a successful pilot. If you would like to pilot CAPIT Reading and can commit to implementing CAPIT Reading with fidelity, please fill out the following form.
IS CAPIT A FIT?
Is CAPIT Reading a fit for your students?
Please see our At-a-Glance CAPIT Inventory:
- SCHEDULE: CAPIT Reading is to be used 4-5 days a week
- MODEL: Teachers will spend 5 to 10 minutes modeling lessons either one-on-one or in small groups
- SUPPORT: While students are working on their own device, teachers will be available to support their students, answer questions, and offer immediate feedback
- USAGE: Students will spend a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes a day completing CAPIT lessons on their own device
- GROUP: Teachers should be working with small groups of students (no more than 5)
- Over-the-ear headphones for each student (no earbuds); small groups only
- Cord or Apple TV to connect to Smart Board (optional)
ASSESSMENT & GOALS
- Each student is to be assessed before and after the pilot to see if goals have been met
ONBOARDING, PD & DATA COLLECTION
- Complete the CAPIT Virtual Onboarding (about 60 minutes)
- Join a 40-Minute Live Virtual PD
- Set up student accounts & devices
- Run the CAPIT pilot with fidelity
- Evaluate students before & and after pilot
- Complete an End of Pilot Exit Survey
- The CAPIT Team will be available to support the pilot teachers throughout the duration of the pilot and beyond